Saturday 11 February 2012

The Green Square - A foot target


I wanted Brita to target something else, but with her feet instead of her beak. I chose something a different shape and colour. I started out with a very large one so that the chances of her stepping on it by accident were good. Once I captured the behaviour, I made the square smaller and smaller.

I also tried a new treat - mealworms! I read a study that said coturnix used in operant conditioning studies worked harder and longer for mealworms with less fasting, so I thought I would give them a try. They're a huge hit! Brita's getting good at getting several in one peck, though, so I have to be fast.

I am working on making the green square 3D and gradually increasing the height of it until I can get her to hop onto a little pedestal when the green square is on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment